A new world order of independents and creators is taking hold. More than 60M Americans are working freelance, part-time, contract, or gig jobs in an explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity. Unfortunately, our benefits have historically depended on us being tied to a single employer. For tens of millions of people, figuring out taxes, retirement, and health insurance has been near impossible.
Catch is the first portable benefits platform. In an easy to use app, independents can manage their own personal payroll and benefits automatically taking care of taxes, investing for retirement, and enrolling in health insurance. We do the hard stuff so that our customers can focus on what they do best: hustling, creating, building, and living their lives.
Your role as a FinOps associate is to manage the ins and outs of our business. You'll work closely with the business and product teams supporting: revenue ops, tax, accounting, banking product, compliance, investments, financial model, and insurance carrier agreements will be core to your role. Your goal is the same as everyone else at Catch: to create a new personal safety net that is accessible, affordable, and effective. For this role in particular, you’ll spend your time making the business run smoothly.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our business model, economics and product strategy
- Help build and maintain FP&A processes that support business decision making
- Support external accounting and provide critical reporting for investor and board meetings
- Organize and support compliance requirements across banking, investment and health insurance
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to support ad hoc strategic initiatives
Skills You'll Need
- The ability to problem-solve in an ambiguous, fast-paced startup environment
- Comfort with basic corporate finance and accounting principles
- A quick learning of key software that keeps organizational process lean and efficient
- Strong Excel skills with experience analyzing large data sets
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Execution-oriented mindset, with humility, drive, and scrappiness needed at a startup
It'd Be Great if You Already had a Few of These
- Experience in accounting
- Exposure to working on a team at a venture-backed company
- Knowledge of FinTech and/or the Insurance industry
- Practice developing financial models
- CFP, CPA, Series 65, or Licensed Insurance Agent (all optional)
Working at Catch
Catch is a Series A stage startup. That means we're at the beginning of our journey to create a world where your safety net doesn't depend on your employment status.
We work hard. We win.
We are solving hard problems and believe that collaboration is critical to untangling the ambiguity we're tackling every day. Our headquarters are in New York City. We strongly prioritize candidates who can be in-person 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday). We're big believers that relationships and connection make the highest performing team. We also believe that flexibility is key, and providing time for deep thinking and flow is important to achieving outcomes. Our team works from home – or anywhere! – on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
This is the time to build the future we want to exist. To do that, we have assembled a team that's focused, inclusive, and ego-free. We're looking for people who are up for an adventure.
Catch is a YCombinator company and has raised $20M from some of the best investors and advisors in the industry including Crosslink Capital, Khosla Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Kindred Ventures. We're also backed by founders of Nerdwallet, Earnest, Enigma, Tagomi, and Tilde as well as executives and leaders from Apple, Public, Intuit, Harvard, Stanford, and Yale.
We think benefits are important. So we've invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.