Catch has built the first portable benefits platform offering tax withholding, retirement, and health insurance for those without access to employer-sponsored benefits. More than 57M Americans work freelance, part-time, contract, or non-traditional jobs that make it difficult to build wealth and protect against emergency.
Our tech-first approach makes it easy to create an automated paycheck setting aside for savings, investing for the future, and managing health insurance no matter how many different income sources exist, or how frequently income is received. We serve people — not businesses — and arm them with the ability to build a custom and flexible safety net for their family.
Your role as a FinOps associate is to manage the ins and outs of our business. You'll work closely with the business and product teams supporting: revenue ops, tax, accounting, banking product, compliance, investments, financial model, and insurance carrier agreements will be core to your role. Your goal is the same as everyone else at Catch: to create a new personal safety net that is accessible, affordable, and effective. For this role in particular, you’ll spend your time making the business run smoothly.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our business model, economics and product strategy
- Help build and maintain FP&A processes that support business decision making
- Support external accounting and provide critical reporting for investor and board meetings
- Organize and support compliance requirements across banking, investment and health insurance
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to support ad hoc strategic initiatives
Skills You'll Need
- The ability to problem-solve in an ambiguous, fast-paced startup environment
- Comfort with basic corporate finance and accounting principles
- A quick learning of key software that keeps organizational process lean and efficient
- Strong Excel skills with experience analyzing large data sets
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Execution-oriented mindset, with humility, drive, and scrappiness needed at a startup
It'd Be Great if You Already had a Few of These
- Experience in accounting
- Exposure to working on a team at a venture-backed company
- Knowledge of FinTech and/or the Insurance industry
- Practice developing financial models
- CFP, CPA, Series 65, or Licensed Insurance Agent (all optional)
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.