A new world order of independents and creators is taking hold. More than 60M Americans are working freelance, part-time, contract, or gig jobs in an explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity. Unfortunately, our benefits have historically depended on us being tied to a single employer. For tens of millions of people, figuring out taxes, retirement, and health insurance has been near impossible.
Catch is the first portable benefits platform. In an easy to use app, independents can manage their own personal payroll and benefits automatically taking care of taxes, investing for retirement, and enrolling in health insurance. We do the hard stuff so that our customers can focus on what they do best: hustling, creating, building, and living their lives.
Community means everything to Catch. We're fighting for those who don't have benefits and are standing up to traditional and outdated models of work. Leading this community means spreading the word and brand at events, tradeshows, and virtual communities. You'll have the opportunity to bring people together and tell our story.
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves meeting and supporting freelancers, creators, and independents
- Takes initiative and looks for ways to delight customers
- Leads execution with fast and thorough attention to detail
- Is willing to go meet our customers where they're at
- Likes scrappy, early-stage startups and can work well with constraints
The day to day will include
- Managing events and tradeshows
- Planning fun and exciting rewards for our customers
- Tracking projects and outcomes
- Working closely with brand, design, and partnerships teams
- Supporting our customers and the community
- Finding creative ways to grow word of mouth
Working at Catch
Catch is a Series A stage startup. That means we're at the beginning of our journey to create a world where your safety net doesn't depend on your employment status.
We work hard. We win.
We are solving hard problems and believe that collaboration is critical to untangling the ambiguity we're tackling every day. Our headquarters are in New York City. We strongly prioritize candidates who can be in-person 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday). We're big believers that relationships and connection make the highest performing team. We also believe that flexibility is key, and providing time for deep thinking and flow is important to achieving outcomes. Our team works from home – or anywhere! – on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
This is the time to build the future we want to exist. To do that, we have assembled a team that's focused, inclusive, and ego-free. We're looking for people who are up for an adventure.
Catch is a YCombinator company and has raised $20M from some of the best investors and advisors in the industry including Crosslink Capital, Khosla Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Kindred Ventures. We're also backed by founders of Nerdwallet, Earnest, Enigma, Tagomi, and Tilde as well as executives and leaders from Apple, Public, Intuit, Harvard, Stanford, and Yale.
We think benefits are important. So we've invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S
COVID-19 vaccination required