A new world order of independents and creators is taking hold. More than 60M Americans are working freelance, part-time, contract, or gig jobs in an explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity. Unfortunately, our benefits have historically depended on us being tied to a single employer. For tens of millions of people, figuring out taxes, retirement, and health insurance has been near impossible.
Catch is the first portable benefits platform. In an easy to use app, independents can manage their own personal payroll and benefits automatically taking care of taxes, investing for retirement, and enrolling in health insurance. We do the hard stuff so that our customers can focus on what they do best: hustling, creating, building, and living their lives.
Your role as Customer Experience Lead is to make it easy for our users to manage their safety net and inform our product team and roadmap of what our users need most. You are the reason our users love Catch. We know that's what makes us different is that we live our mission. To succeed in this role, you'll need a strong sense of service and willingness to solve problems for real people.
- Help users navigate the benefits system from taxes to retirement to health insurance
- Follow up with users to make sure their questions have been answered
- Resolve issues when things don't go as planned
- Leverage and grow the knowledge base to help users get the answers they need faster
- Design scalable ways to support users better
- Listen to user feedback and work with the product team to improve the roadmap
- Make sure we're proactive and remind users when they need to take care of their benefits
- Serve as a trusted resource for any user, in any circumstance, with no prejudice
Skills You'll Need
- A strong bias for action and helpfulness
- Focus on empathy and clarity for users dealing with stress in taxes, retirement, and health insurance
- Execution-oriented mindset, with humility, drive, and scrappiness needed at a startup
- An ability to see gaps where users could be served better
- Preferred experience in technology startups (account executive, operations, support, customer experience)
It'd Be Great if you Already had a Few of These
- 3+ years in a customer experience role
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
- Understanding of financial services and/or benefits
- Exposure to independent contractors (gig workers, freelancers, contractors)
- Creative ideas around converting and retaining customers
Working at Catch
Catch is a Series A stage startup. That means we're at the beginning of our journey to create a world where your safety net doesn't depend on your employment status.
We work hard. We win.
We are solving hard problems and believe that collaboration is critical to untangling the ambiguity we're tackling every day. Our headquarters are in New York City. We strongly prioritize candidates who can be in-person 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday). We're big believers that relationships and connection make the highest performing team. We also believe that flexibility is key, and providing time for deep thinking and flow is important to achieving outcomes. Our team works from home – or anywhere! – on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
This is the time to build the future we want to exist. To do that, we have assembled a team that's focused, inclusive, and ego-free. We're looking for people who are up for an adventure.
Catch is a YCombinator company and has raised $20M from some of the best investors and advisors in the industry including Crosslink Capital, Khosla Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Kindred Ventures. We're also backed by founders of Nerdwallet, Earnest, Enigma, Tagomi, and Tilde as well as executives and leaders from Apple, Public, Intuit, Harvard, Stanford, and Yale.
We think benefits are important. So we've invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.