A new world order of independents and creators is taking hold. More than 60M Americans are working freelance, part-time, contract, or gig jobs in an explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity. Unfortunately, our benefits have historically depended on us being tied to a single employer. For tens of millions of people, figuring out taxes, retirement, and health insurance has been near impossible.
Catch is the first portable benefits platform. In an easy to use app, independents can manage their own personal payroll and benefits automatically taking care of taxes, investing for retirement, and enrolling in health insurance. We do the hard stuff so that our customers can focus on what they do best: hustling, creating, building, and living their lives.
We're looking for an eager and dynamic Executive Assistant to join a fast-paced startup.
The ideal candidate has prior experience supporting a C-suite executive in a venture-backed high-growth startup. In addition, they must have strong organizational and planning skills, a proven ability to multitask, and a self-starting attitude with the ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize needs while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that allow the CEO to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; and making travel arrangements.
- Coordinate Exec Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed. Provide event management support as requested.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office. Understand and support team needs through growth. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization. Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Manage hardware, software, and strategic systems development and planning. Provide leadership to all levels of the organization to meet their current and future information needs. Prepare budget recommendations.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization or increase leverage of the CEO.
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Know about the latest tools that help startups work: Notion, Zoom, Slack and more
- Be attentive, clear, direct, and have a bias towards action
- Want to be a part of a fast-moving, high-performing team
- Prefer to manage work independently with a high degree of autonomy
- Be creative, energetic, and passionate about doing your job well
This role is one that can provide some flexibility. If you're a top tier Executive Assistant, this role may be sufficient in 25-30 hours per week. We're willing and able to offer full salary and benefits for someone great, but who may only be able to work 3-4 days a week. Experience being an Office Manager or EA at a venture-backed startup is a plus.
Working at Catch
Catch is a Series A stage startup. That means we're at the beginning of our journey to create a world where your safety net doesn't depend on your employment status.
We work hard. We win.
We are solving hard problems and believe that collaboration is critical to untangling the ambiguity we're tackling every day. Our HQ is NYC. We're big believers that relationships and connection make the highest performing team. We also believe that flexibility is key, and providing time for deep thinking and flow is important to achieving outcomes.
This is the time to build the future we want to exist. To do that, we have assembled a team that's focused, inclusive, and ego-free. We're looking for people who are up for an adventure.
Catch is a YCombinator company and has raised $20M from some of the best investors and advisors in the industry including Crosslink Capital, Khosla Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Kindred Ventures. We're also backed by founders of Nerdwallet, Earnest, Enigma, Tagomi, and Tilde as well as executives and leaders from Apple, Public, Intuit, Harvard, Stanford, and Yale.
We think benefits are important. So we've invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S
COVID-19 vaccination required