A new world order of independents and creators is taking hold. More than 60M Americans are working freelance, part-time, contract, or gig jobs in an explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity. Unfortunately, our benefits have historically depended on us being tied to a single employer. For tens of millions of people, figuring out taxes, retirement, and health insurance has been near impossible.
Catch is the first portable benefits platform. In an easy to use app, independents can manage their own personal payroll and benefits automatically taking care of taxes, investing for retirement, and enrolling in health insurance. We do the hard stuff so that our customers can focus on what they do best: hustling, creating, building, and living their lives.
- Design, develop, and document APIs for third-party developers to build on the Catch platform
- Develop well-scoped integrations into leading platforms and marketplaces
- Work cross-functionally with our product teams, other engineering teams, and partner developers to design new Catch services
- Extend the platform and product to support a variety of entry points
- Have autonomy to research and achieve outcomes with support when you need it
- Creatively solve challenging technical problems at scale
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in Python, REST, and GraphQL
- Experience building and documenting APIs for third-party developers
- Experience building integrations into other platforms and marketplaces
- An obsession with customer and developer experience
- A natural curiosity to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems and build quality software
Working at Catch
Catch is a Series A stage startup. That means we're at the beginning of our journey to create a world where your safety net doesn't depend on your employment status.
We work hard. We win.
We are solving hard problems and believe that collaboration is critical to untangling the ambiguity we're tackling every day. Our headquarters are in New York City. We strongly prioritize candidates who can be in-person 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday). We're big believers that relationships and connection make the highest performing team. We also believe that flexibility is key, and providing time for deep thinking and flow is important to achieving outcomes. Our team works from home – or anywhere! – on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
This is the time to build the future we want to exist. To do that, we have assembled a team that's focused, inclusive, and ego-free. We're looking for people who are up for an adventure.
Catch is a YCombinator company and has raised $20M from some of the best investors and advisors in the industry including Crosslink Capital, Khosla Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Kindred Ventures. We're also backed by founders of Nerdwallet, Earnest, Enigma, Tagomi, and Tilde as well as executives and leaders from Apple, Public, Intuit, Harvard, Stanford, and Yale.
We think benefits are important. So we've invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S
COVID-19 vaccination required