Catch has built the first portable benefits platform offering tax withholding, retirement, and health insurance for those without access to employer-sponsored benefits. More than 57M Americans work freelance, part-time, contract, or non-traditional jobs that make it difficult to build wealth and protect against emergency.
Our tech-first approach makes it easy to create an automated paycheck setting aside for savings, investing for the future, and managing health insurance no matter how many different income sources exist, or how frequently income is received. We serve people — not businesses — and arm them with the ability to build a custom and flexible safety net for their family.
Join the Catch backend engineering team and build an innovative platform that manages and automates the most important thing for people to get right– their safety net. We're looking for driven and mission-forward engineers to help us reimagine the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems in the U.S. to be simple, modern, and integrated.
- Design, build and support the core financial and health systems for the Catch platform
- Design APIs and data models to work within microservice architectures
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define the roadmap by thoroughly understanding customers’ needs
- Build incrementally and deploy daily
- Have autonomy to research and achieve outcomes with support when you need it
- Creatively solve challenging technical problems at scale
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Natural curiosity to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems and build quality software
- Desire to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Experience in some of our stack: Python, Go, gRPC, Mongo, GraphQL
Working at Catch
Reinventing the core benefits system and safety net that’s been in place for the last 70 years isn’t an easy task– and it’s certainly not something that gets solved overnight. But the time is now. Income is more volatile, inequality is growing, and the foundation of employer-sponsored benefits is showing its age. At Catch, we’re working to reinvent the tax, retirement, and health insurance systems to work for everyone.
This takes focus, ingenuity, and collaboration– you’ll work with a team dedicated to the cause and equipped to solve it. We value a diverse, inclusive, and ego-free environment and you should too.
Catch is backed by some of the best investors and advisors in the industry, including Khosla Ventures, NYCA Partners, and Kindred Ventures.
We believe that a safety net is critical, so we’ve invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.