A new world order of independents and creators is taking hold. More than 60M Americans are working freelance, part-time, contract, or gig jobs in an explosion of entrepreneurial opportunity. Unfortunately, our benefits have historically depended on us being tied to a single employer. For tens of millions of people, figuring out taxes, retirement, and health insurance has been near impossible.
Catch is the first portable benefits platform. In an easy to use app, independents can manage their own personal payroll and benefits automatically taking care of taxes, investing for retirement, and enrolling in health insurance. We do the hard stuff so that our customers can focus on what they do best: hustling, creating, building, and living their lives.
Your role as a Communications Manager is to guide our customers through the process of onboarding to our product through scalable communications and messaging. Your goal is the same as everyone at Catch: to create a new personal safety net that is accessible, affordable, and effective. For this role in particular, you’ll spend your time nurturing our customers and creating a shared sense of community.
- Plan and deliver on onboarding flows to help guide new users into product adoption
- Convert existing users through in-product and out-of-product communications to adopt additional products and drive revenue
- Help users who run into issues enrolling in products
- Drive community engagement by interviewing and telling the stories of our customers
- Represent our brand as a customer-centric company by being the face of our community
- Build new channels and tools for our customers to share and engage with
- Help integration partners build the Catch community into their launches of our products
- Support team members internally by being a consistent voice of the customer
- Be an advocate for customers, always
Skills You'll Need
- The ability to problem-solve in an ambiguous, fast-paced startup environment
- A desire to execute quickly and reach goals
- A love of our product and deep admiration for our users
- Organization and follow through
- A preference for self-management and leading your own work
- Strong written and verbal communication, especially directly with customers
- Demonstrated experience creating communications and iterating with feedback
- The ability to prioritize and focus effort on outcomes
It'd Be Great if you Already had a Few of These
- Experience in a fast-growing startup
- Understanding of financial services and/or benefits
- Exposure to independent contractors (gig workers, freelancers, contractors)
- Creative ideas about brand and engagement
Working at Catch
Catch is a Series A stage startup. That means we're at the beginning of our journey to create a world where your safety net doesn't depend on your employment status.
We work hard. We win.
We are solving hard problems and believe that collaboration is critical to untangling the ambiguity we're tackling every day. Our headquarters are in New York City. We strongly prioritize candidates who can be in-person 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday). We're big believers that relationships and connection make the highest performing team. We also believe that flexibility is key, and providing time for deep thinking and flow is important to achieving outcomes. Our team works from home – or anywhere! – on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
This is the time to build the future we want to exist. To do that, we have assembled a team that's focused, inclusive, and ego-free. We're looking for people who are up for an adventure.
Catch is a YCombinator company and has raised $20M from some of the best investors and advisors in the industry including Crosslink Capital, Khosla Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Kindred Ventures. We're also backed by founders of Nerdwallet, Earnest, Enigma, Tagomi, and Tilde as well as executives and leaders from Apple, Public, Intuit, Harvard, Stanford, and Yale.
We think benefits are important. So we've invested in making ours great:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k w/matching
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Flexible time off
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.